Sunday, October 11, 2009

What do you do when you come to the end of a kit?

I had a few leftover pieces from the Shining Madonna kit and I really wanted to use them. They included a few Prima flowers, the Prima Pebbles and 1 butterfly. I know they could have been easily set aside but not me, I like to use each and every piece.

I recycled a Prima Glass bottle, (remember those first ones that came out, filled with 500 flowers?)


This is a quick handmade flower, using a circle piece of paper and with a couple folds, you end up with a flower (I'll post how in a bit)

Here's a close-up of the bottle. I used Tim Holtz Rock Candy as the first layer. After letting it dry and crack. I used some Alchol inks in Stream and Bottle to get the finish.

I used the Rock Candy on the tag once again, I just love the look and texture you get from the product.



I finished it off with pink tulle. Now's a cute little accessory for a shelf in my scrapbook room.

I'll be posting the 4th layout from the Shining Madonna kit on Monday, so check back then. And think fall and Halloween! I have some really cool products and stamps to play with. I hope to inspire you to get of the inks, glimmer mists and just create!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment