Monday, March 8, 2010

A Monday with Melanie...and a NEW kit!!!!!

Have you see the NEW kit at BlueMoon Scrapbooking? It's called Cherry Banner and it's packed full of Dear Lizzy papers and embellishments, Webster's Pages, Prima flowers, Glimmer Mist and so much more! You can check out the kit at BlueMoon Scrapbooking!

This is the perfect page for a scrapper on the go. You can go from start to finish in 30 minutes!


GROW

To start out I cut the middle from the Webster's Pages paper, rolled the edges up, attached a piece of the pinkish-peach paper from the Dear Lizzy papers and sewed the edges down for texture and a frame.

You can see it here a little better...


I attached 2 flowers with pop-dots, hand-cut the leaves from the Basic Grey paper and bend the edges, some up and some down. This gives the page more dimension and texture. I added some Tim Holtz liquid pearls on my leaves in green and in a yellow on the inside of the flowers. I also added a Prima Pebble in each flower as a center.

I thought the little Cosmo Cricket tiny letters were just a little to green for my shabby chic page. Not to worry, for a quick fix I placed each letter I needed on a non-stick sheet and ran some sanding paper across the tops of them. Then I placed the letters on my layout in a reverse order. I started from the bottom right and work my way to the top left. That way I'm sure everything will fit perfectly. If I were going to use the entire sheet of stickers, I would have left them on the sheet they came on and rubbed sandpaper on them all at once but because I'm not sure what the rest of my layouts will look like, I only distressed the ones I needed.


To finish off the layout, I trimmed the 12x12 paper down to 11.5 x 11.5, sanded the edges to make them "melt" or flow better into the other paper and matted it to the Basic Grey paper. I sand the edges of papers and photos quit a bit to make them flow into what ever it is I'm placing under them. I think it gives it the Shabby Chic look I like.

The reverse side of Basic Grey paper is a great match to the Webster's Pages paper. It's has a greenish, peach finish to it which matches perfectly. It really brings out the colors in the Webster's Pages paper and the embellishments on the layout.

This really is an easy layout and still has texture, journaling and sewing. Go ahead and use this as an idea sketch and see what you can come up with.

Before I go, I have to share a peek of this wonderful kit:


See, I told you it's packed full of fun, new products that go very well together!

Have a wonderful week, don't forget about our hardware store challenge. We want to see your creations!!!! Here's the link where you can get more info on it incase you missed it.

~Melanie

6 comments:

  1. This is soooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous Melanie!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee how U made that frame!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is gorgeous girl! what a lovely little "window" into your world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful...Love how you did th emiddle of that layout!! very cool...
    that kit is so so pretty!!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie I just ADORE your style...the distressed letters are darling and the stitching around the window is genius! I'd love a tutorial on how to create a scrap page layout like yours!

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete