Monday, April 5, 2010

Melanie's Monday post!

I can't believe it's Monday already. Where do the weekends go?!?!?

Well, this weekend I had the pleasure of working with Mirabella, the BRAND NEW kit from BLUEMOON SCRPBOOKING! Just click here to see the beauty the Mirabella kit holds.

My first project using the Mirabella kit is a layout of my daughter. I found a poem online and printed it on a transparency.

MY DAUGHTER


I like to group clusters on my layouts. It gives the page texture and your eye seems to stop and look at all the layers. These are the K & Co Grand Adhesion flowers mixed with the American Crafts Bontanique Paper Shapes. I love the different textures you get from the chipboard, paper, threaded buttons and pearls.

I added a couple areas of clusters on this page. Actually using the beautiful Prima paper, they were already build right into the page, I embellished what they had. For the little journaling area I used an exacto knife and cut around some of it and slipped the Making Memories die cut paper under it.

Here's a close-up of the poem I used.

Since this kit is packed full of embellishments I added a few more clusters. The American Crafts Botanique chipboard shapes are my favorite. You get 24, so there's plenty to go around! The Alphabets in the kit are the most perfect match I have ever seen. The font, the color...perfect!

Here's another chance to catch a glimpse of the beautiful Mirabella, when she's gone, she's gone! The first thing I though of when I seen this kit was, it would be the perfect kit for a mini album or a few layouts for a golden 50th wedding anniversary with the beautiful gold tons in the kit. So many possibilities!

Have a wonderful day!

Do you like my new siggy line? I redid my blog this weekend and also created a siggy line.

4 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! This is GORGEOUS Melanie!!! I love love love that photo, the POEM...and loving the pearls on those flowers!!! JUST AMAZING!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I was just drawn in!!! Loved how you cut around the existing flowers and tucked the journaling card behind it!! I haven't done that in a really long time. I love doing that! Beautiful page! Love the flower clusterings too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your siggy line! lol
    Very cool!
    and such a pretty layout! I am loving this new kit!! yow!
    Beautiful job! Have a great day, sweetie!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girlies!!
    I am trying to upload and I it won't let me.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete