Monday, April 26, 2010

Melanie's Monday post...with a new kit!!!

It's time for a new kit at BlueMoon. This kit is a little different from the kits I have received in the past. It's definitely more manly in color and embellishments (that don't mean it's just for men though!). There's some cool feathers, a fun looking alphabet, lots of cool papers from Graphic 45. A great blue and brown color combo! 

The first layout is called:
BECAUSE OF YOU



It seems like I mostly scrapbook my children, but my husband needs to have a page once in a while too! This hobby is about memories right!

you guessed it...poem time! I used the tiny type letters by Cosmo Cricket. Poems are a great way to fill up empty space.

The paper tape measure was cut out from the A Proper Gentleman Graphic 45 paper, they are lots of fun  elements like the story tickets included in the kit. I made little patches because I wanted to incorporate some plaid into the layout because it matched my husbands shirt.

Did you catch the hand-stitching? Bazzill has these really cool products called Bazzill in Stitch'z Floss and Needles. The thread colors are in blue's and browns. Absolutely a perfect compliment to this kit!



The K & Company letters are fun. I cut them out and after gluing them down I felt they needed just a little bit of extra omph...so I applied a layer of Glossy Accents to the top of them, now they're shiny and have a little more dimension.

Here's a picture of the new kit, it just went up for sale yesterday! For more info on the kit, please visit the BlueMoon store!



***Don't forget about our birds and butterfly challenge this month! The BlueMoon Gallery is looking great!

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Melanie!!! this is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I love love love the colors, the feathers....and loving the stitching!!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really cool and unique layout! so manly! :D
    hope you had a great day, Melanie!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I think this is the first time I've seen Scott on a LO!!!! WHOO HOOO! This is awesome Melanie! That kit rocks for our boys! xOxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! I'm jealous at how you can take colors like blues and browns and make them into something simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete