Monday, May 24, 2010

Recycle Your Mist Challenge at BlueMoon this Month...and a new kit!

Reuse, Reduce, Recycle- famous words by Bob the Builder.  Let's do it!   Sure anyone can recycle their weekly garbage, but have you recycled  your scrapbooking mists?

Let's play a Recycled Mist Challenge -use your leftover misted  ink.

Playing with paper, sticker, chipboard, tissue, paper towels, paper  bags... that has been recycled from leftover mist as the main  challenge.  Using your Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Maya Road Mist,  Smooch or own version made with re-inkers and a Ranger mini mister...

Here's how:
Spray your regular projects and keep the underneath layer to cut up or  use whole.  If you spray on a craft sheet, use the leftover mist on the  craft sheet for your project.

If you like to see a video on Lisa's project and a better idea of the challenge, please visit the Blue Blog here!

Here's my take on the challenge...


I didn't know where this project was heading, I just started to spray my green scalloped cardstock. I put in on a piece of kraft paper for photographing results...but in the end, I ended up using it instead of tossing it. Now that's recycling!


I ended up with a cool masked look after spraying...


After looking at the piece of kraft paper, I liked that as my background paper instead of the green scalloped which I was going to use. My little tip here to use up this leftover mist is too...


add shading to your layout. Just grab a piece of paper towel and dip it in the mist and use a circular swirl motion over the edges of the layout. It gives the edges a finished shaded look. I think a dry stencil brush would give a cool look too.


I also recycled those circles I had misted last week in my attempt to make those "show boards"...remember those (you can read about it here in this post!) and used them on this layout. Those circles are the ones misted with the  Maya Road Mists  just incase you were wondering.


ok, back to the green scalloped circle. Since I decided to use the other piece as the background, I cut the green  scalloped paper to represent one of those thinking or day dreaming bubbles. I used just leftover bits and pieces I had. Soo fun and my son loved the end result. Do you see the little cloud of smoke by the car...that was his idea. LOL!


All the pattern paper in this layout is the 6x6 Sassafras papers. Even though they are smaller, they still work well on large layouts. Don't limit yourself just because the papers are small. Those papers can be seen here!
I can't wait to see those Recycled mist layouts in the gallery. We have fun looking at the submissions each month. Post your entry anytime before June 19th  in the BlueMoonGallery.   Upload a 4x6 with 72 resolution - this works best.  If you're having  issues uploading it's usually because the image is too big/large a file.    Resize it and you're off to the races.  If you have problems email lisa@bluemoonscrapbooking.com.You can enter 1 layout per challenge.Open to all US and International  Scrappers. A winner will  be chosen the week of June 21st.
If you have any questions in the mean time, let us know on the BlueMoon DT Blog. Also check back daily to see each dt members take on the challenge on the BlueMoon DT Blog.
oh, I almost forgot...did you see the newest BlueMoon kit? It's called Fresh-Escape! I just finished up 3 layouts this weekend with it. It's so pretty in person! I love how the coral, green and blue go together so well. The butterflies in the kit pick up the colors so well.


Would you like to see 1 peek of a layout using this kit????

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooooooooooooooo awesome melanie!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the way U used the kraft paper...and can't wait to see that new lo with the latest kit! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a new layout using the new Kit! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout...your layering of textures is always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete