Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The power of love (for Haiti).....by Abby

Hello there friends….how’s it going? Here we’ve been blessed with a few mild and sunny days which is just what I needed to boost up my ‘winter blue’d’ spirit:) Can you believe I’ve still got more creations from my Hugs and Kisses kit to share with you! Yes indeed, I’m still discovering new and exciting ways to create with every little bit….and today’s creations are all about love….

First up are two deliciously sweet treat bags created with my little sidekick Sophia….the perfect project to include a kiddo who’s been itching to get her curious little hands in this kit, lol.
With a little guidance from me she built these two petite Valentine bags for her two cousins who recently moved a far distance and they only get to see each other on holidays....
....for this project I knew to reach for a Pink Paislee scrapbook page from the kit.....they were perfect little squares ready to cut along the edges.....not too complicated for a 7 year old....so on we went to first create small boxes out of regular cardstock then adhered the labels on the front and back....check out her little hands at work....so cute how she wanted everything just right....
....once the labels were attached we created handles by simply cutting strips of more cardstock with scalloped edge scissors then adding clear Pink Paislee borderlines....love how they finish the look and so very easy to do too!
....the last touches were a Pink Paislee Bella brad with the words I love you cut from one of the other labels and hanging like little charms.....and on the other bag a Making Memories pebble sticker over the letter O....lovely little touches....and all included in the kit!
......finally a bit of shredded paper and a few chocolate treats.....
....by the way.....this project was super quick.....fun.....and easy......and best of all it was extra special time spent with my girl.....gotta luv it!
Now on to my second project….
I must tell you that I’m feeling incredibly grateful for my life right about now…..I have a warm home, clean water, and food to eat…... so many of the little things that I take for granted every day…..and last week’s tragedy in Haiti puts it all in perspective for me. Though I can’t send a great deal of money I felt the desire to contribute in some way. So this card will be donated to Etsy's Hearts for Haiti charity where 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the relief efforts. Although not required, they would love for the contributions to feature hearts…..how fitting that Hugs and Kisses had plenty for me to easily include a few in my creation….
My contribution is this handmade card and matching handmade envelope created using bits and pieces from the kit….like the remnants left from the Pink Paislee gingham paper, the chipboard hearts, the Fleur-de-lis stamp and the adorable “Be Mine” charm….all combined with some members of my own stash…..like the trinket pin from BlueMoon and vintage buttons and lace from my collection…..
…..inside you'll find I've continued the heart theme.....and created a pocket for a small removal note tag....my favorite way to share a heartfelt message....
…..the results….a petite and simple card with touches of femininity, elegance and shab…..all of my favs:)…..and though you can’t see it….the entire card sparkles beautifully with a layer of Glimmer Mist…..one of the best crafty inventions eva....and lucky for you BlueMoon has a great selection to chose from......just click here....
…..and of course none of my cards are complete without its companion….a matching handmade envelope continuing the theme of hearts.....

….a beautiful “sleeve” embellished with crochet ribbon and a couple more hearts to top it off…..
….and it easily slides right off keeping the envelope in perfection condition as a keepsake…..
While my donation is just one humble gift I hope with all of our efforts there will be a day when we will see the rebuild of Haiti and it's people. For now I wish you a good night my friends.....but be sure to visit back next week when the DT will be hosting a fun challenge.....we’d love for all of you to join in the fun!
Abby:)

5 comments:

  1. All of these are just soooooooooo pretty!! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring :):) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Abby! You seriously blow me away with your creativity! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are just absolutely stunning!! wow wow wow!!!! and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the contributions to haiti...that is soooooooooooooo amazing!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are so beautiful. I like them so much!!
    LG
    Marion

    ReplyDelete