Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Susan's January Challenge!

Welcome to Thursday!

I'm here today to share with you, my LO that I created using this Basic Grey Doilies and the challenge for this month!

This is a Vintage Challenge - Remember the good old times when things were simple and neighbors and relatives all had doilies. The mothers and grandmothers gathering with the smell of small fine pastries, percolating coffee and crème filled the air. Make a layout using an old photo and a doily.

Here's how I made my LO.

~ I took a piece of cream color cardstock for the background.

~ I then cut the inside out of the doilie and temporarily stuck it to my page.

~ I then took my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and sprayed it over the entire page.

~ I removed the piece of doilie to reveal a really cool pattern created by using the holes in the doilie!

~ Then I proceeded to layer my paper, add the photo and the embellishments!

~ This photo of my sister, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother was perfect for the challenge! Check out how they are ALL wearing Collars of Lace!!



You can also see more details on about this challenge on the blueblog! The prize is a $40 gift certificate to the store! Wow!


Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, that is a perfect subject, title and photo to go with this challenge! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family pic! The layout is beautiful...I love the ribbon and the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous susan!! love it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is such a beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete