Friday, January 15, 2010

Scrappin Christmas

If you're like me, you'll have a tonne of photos from Christmas Day you want to add to your album, but the dilema is which ones to use + which to leave out?


It's great to make use of all those snaps of little details in your layouts - it helps build up a picture of the ambience of the occasion. So, Question - how to use lots of photos in a LO, without looking overcrowded? Answer - Select about 16 or so interesting photos, print a contact sheet onto a good quality photo paper, then trim them all with a small white border [I love to trim mine so they look like mini polaroid photos].


You can see I've arranged the photos in a scattered fashion - I want it to look like a bunch of photos almost dropped on the page. Notice I've 'contained' them inside the smaller piece of the PP, so that there's still quite a bit of 'white space' on the background where the eye can 'rest', despite the large number of photos on the page.


Here's how I did it:



Here's the materials you'll need to get the look:

[click on the photos + go direct to the BlueMoon online store to add to your cart or wishlist!]













Hope this helps you get all those Christmas photos scrapped!


Wendy ;]

7 comments:

  1. Mmm! These Christmas goodies look yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got 16 photos on 1 page. What a great idea.

    I have this paper waiting for me on my table, you have just motivated me to use it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with so many little photos! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls!!

    I just love, love, love that pink paislee christmas line - need me some more!! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! this is wayyyyyyyyyyyy cool!! love it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great way to display alot of photos! ...which I need these kinds of ideas all the time! :D

    ReplyDelete