Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday with Melanie!

It's week #3 of the Natural Living kit! Time sure goes fast!

There were so many beautiful Basic Grey papers in the kit I wanted to showcase them all, but if I layered them, it might get overwhelming. I figured the best way was to use 3x3 inch squares of each piece and get the quilt effect. This layout will be a wonderful addition to my family album, such a perfect way to showcase so many pictures!


To make the letters pop, I used a white pen and outlined the Basic Grey alpha's. I don't know about you, but I have tried white pen after white pen. Sometime I can get it work for a while and they quit. Some pens dry up and some just don't work on certain types of paper. I think I have found a true and tried white pen. My white pen of choice is the SOUFFLE-3D OPAQUE PEN. After the ink dries, the ink comes out in a raised embossed look and really pops!

Check out the detailing on the felt embellishments!



and of course, I can't have a page without stitching. Notice the brown and green thread. This is what's happens when you forget to change the bobbin thread color. I guess we'll call this a happy mistake because I like the end result-give the thread more texture.


Next week is our Monthly Challenge at BlueMoon and I have to say I had a great time with it ! I'll share 1 ity bity peek of my project...

Can you figure out what the challenge is from this peek?

See you later!

~Melanie

7 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh loving that sneak melanie ... and omygosh!!! that lo is just amazingly gorgeous!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the way your stitching came out.....lol...i never change my bobbin....lol...sooooooooooooo whatever happens, happpens!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh snap! How amazing is that page?! And that peek has my mind racing!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome awesome design!!!
    I love all the little details! such a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a quilt design and you're right this kit is the perfect one for that look and your layout of course is a delight for the eyes! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful, beautiful layout Mel!!! I've always wanted to do a "block style" design but never knew how to without having it look so plain - yours is just perfect! I'm gonna have to lift this. I love the felt/woolie dimension and the stitching. Clever to outline the alphas also (I'm grabbing that pen for sure!). I always look forward to Monday with Melanie! You are sooooo talented my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Melanie! And thanks for the GREAT tip about the white pen. I haven't found one I've liked yet, so I'm definitely gonna try this one! This is beautiful, you used the perfect amount of embellies- you rocKed it girl! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know I love all that you do and as a HUGE white pen lover, I'm gonna have to order myself a few of those to check them out! I got some of the BG too this month from my secret valentine so hope to do something as fab as this!

    ReplyDelete