Thursday, February 11, 2010

SMILE!!!

A smile confuses an approaching frown. ~Author Unknown

I really like that quote! Because it is so true! Don't you find that even if you're having a rotten day, when you see someone smile, it changes how you are feeling almost immediately!!

Both of my designs this week are based on this theme - SMILE!!!

BUT.....before I show you what I created with this amazing FEB kit (I'll share a pic in a bit).....have you checked out the Blue Moon Store lately????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If not...hurry over there RIGHT NOW and check out:
Dear Lizzy goodies!!!

AND....
all the Webster's Pages 2010 new releases!!!

YUMMY!! (I went shopping last evening....hehe!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK.....now to my projects....

I used this kit:


Filled with sooooooo many little goodies that can be used for a variety of projects!

I completed this first LO using 7 Gypsies pp, Basic Grey Doilie, and Basic Grey letter stickers!

Check out how rich these colors look!

Here is part of the title! (I actually took photos of how I did this, but deleted them accidently from my camera.....UUGG....)

I used my Cricut to cut out the letters, then placed the outline of the letters on my page, and painted them using the Claudine Hellmuth paint. So much fun!! Then I outlined the letters using my Uniball Signo pen!



Check out these cute little stitched brads from Basic Grey (also in the kit)


This next LO was also created around the "SMILE" theme! My daughter presents a HUGE smile every time she sees me with the camera. This photo was taken in the pool last summer!

And creating this LO, just made me smile because it kind of just fell together. So easy to do with such a FABULOUS kit!

Here are closeup of the details...

I used my EK Success border punch to create a layered border effect! (and a peek at the Basic Grey Woolies too!) And a lovely way to show off the variety of papers found in this kit!
Look at how I showed off these felt flowers!!
And how I decorated the Basic Grey letters!
This kit presents soooo many opportunities for so many inspired projects! I am looking forward to creating so much more in the upcoming weeks!

So.....I hope this post made you smile....

And remember....

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



3 comments:

  1. these are sooooooooooooooo gorgeous susan!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the stitching! u rocked this kit! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happy layouts and I must say the quotes you shared are a breath of fresh air! Sometimes that's all you need to start a day on the right foot:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome awesome layouts!!!!! love love!

    ReplyDelete